We’re thrilled that you want to build Charlotte’s tree canopy. Our schedule of 2021-22 Tree Adoptions (formerly called TreeStores) has been released.
We’re excited to go back to our normal event format, which includes an in-person planting demonstration and tree education, a core mission of TreesCharlotte!
Sept. 25: Opening Day Citywide Tree Adoption, open to all Charlotteans. 600 trees. City of Charlotte Landscape Management, 701 Tuckaseegee Road.
Oct. 9: Historic West End Tree Adoption, open to residents of HWE neighborhoods. Northwest School of the Arts, 1415 Beatties Ford Road.
Oct. 30: Westside Zip Code Tree Adoption: open to residents in 28208, 28214 and 28216. Sponsored by Crescent Communities, with additional support from Swinerton Foundation. Whitewater Middle School, 10201 Running Rapids Road.
Nov. 6: Hindu Center of Charlotte Tree Adoption, special giveaway tied to fall festival. Hindu Center, 7400 City View Dr.
Nov. 13: University City Zip Code Tree Adoption, open to residents in 28213, 28262 and 28269. Sponsored by Crow Holdings. Back Creek Church, 1821 Back Creek Church Road.
Nov. 20: SouthPark Zip Code Tree Adoption, open to residents in 28207, 28209, 28210 and 28211. Location TBA.
Dec. 11: East CLT Zip Code Tree Adoption, open to residents in 28205, 28212, 28215 and 28227. Location TBA.
Feb. 5: Steele Creek Zip Code Tree Adoption, open to residents in 28217, 28273 and 28278. Location TBA.
Feb. 26: South Charlotte Zip Code Tree Adoption, open to residents in 28226, 28270 and 28277. Location TBA.
March 5: Central Charlotte Zip Code Tree Adoption, open to residents in 28202, 28203, 28204, 28206 and 28216. Location TBA.
March 26: Season-Ending Citywide Tree Adoption, open to all Charlotteans. Everything must go! City of Charlotte Landscape Management, 701 Tuckaseegee Road.
About Tree Adoptions
- Two trees per address.
- Registration will be required and will open online 5-7 days before the event. While you will be able to pre-select your species, we cannot guarantee species type or quantities the day of the event. We will, however, make all efforts to sub in a comparable tree.
- Plan for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees as everyone will be required to go through a planting demonstration. Tree education is mandatory for everyone.Charlotteans who have never received a tree from TreesCharlotte in the past will be invited to take advantage of our First Timers registration. Those details will roll out with each Adoption Event.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach their goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We therefore limit our efforts to expand the canopy within Charlotte’s city limits and limit participation to Charlotte residents only (unfortunately, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, other municipalities outside Charlotte, or Mecklenburg County).
- Proof of Charlotte residency (such as a driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) may be required on the day of the event.
- You will complete and sign a Stewardship Pledge Form and declare your pledge to take care of the tree(s) we provide.
- Trees are in 3-, 5- or 7-gallon containers, range from 6-10′ tall.
- While we’re excited to return to our in-person, full-contact events, we will adapt to prevailing Covid precautions.