Did you know
Your support will help address critical canopy issues outlined in our 2018 study:
- Between 2012 and 2018, Charlotte lost 9,864 acres of trees. (New plantings restored 2,195 acres.)
- The biggest loss of trees happened on residential property, due to new construction and renovation projects.
- Many under-served neighborhoods have seen the biggest loss, including the former Boulevard Homes (now Renaissance West), Villa Heights and Cherry, due to gentrification.
Your donation’s impact
As you know, it takes years for a tree to reach its full capacity, which is why we need your help now to restore all that we’ve lost. Let’s Fill the Field and make sure Charlotte stays healthy, cool and beautiful! Any level of donation is greatly appreciated:
- $50 covers the cost of a tree
- $100 covers the tree and its planting at a school, park, church, etc.
- $250 covers the tree, the planting and watering of that tree for a year
- $5,000 fills the equivalent of a football field with trees
All donors will be listed in the TreesCharlotte annual report this spring. Donors gifting $5,000 or more will be recognized with a leaf in the TreesCharlotte Honorary Garden at Freedom Park. Throughout the campaign, track the progress we’re all making together at TreesCharlotte.org with our fun tree-filled football field maps!
Donate today and let’s restore Charlotte’s iconic canopy!