Charlotte, get ready to plant trees! Our Fall and Winter Tree Adoptions will be in effect from September 2023 – March 2024.
Donations are highly encouraged and appreciated. TreesCharlotte purchases our trees from three NC growers, and we rely on your generosity to continue providing trees throughout Queen City. Please consider donating to our cause if you are able.
2023 -2024 TreeAdoption Schedule
Our zip code TreeAdoptions give priority to those living in targeted areas of the city. Those residents are invited to early registration on the Friday of the week before the adoption. If the TreeAdoption does not “sell-out” by the following Monday, all residents of Charlotte will be invited to register beginning at 10am.
- CLOSED – Opening Day Citywide (Open to all City of Charlotte residents): September 30, 2023
- CLOSED – North Zip Codes (28216, 28269, 28262): October 14, 2023
- CLOSED – Canopy Builders (Open to all City of Charlotte residents): October 21, 2023
- CLOSED – Crescent Adoption (28206, 28208, 28213, 28214, 28216): November 11, 2023
- CLOSED – Giving Tuesday Native TreeAdoption (Open to All City of Charlotte Residents): November 28, 2023
- East Zip Codes (28205, 28206, 28212, 28213, 28215, 28227): December 9, 2023
- South Zip Codes (28202, 28203, 28204, 28207, 28209, 28210, 28211, 28226, 28277, 28270): January 20, 2024
- West Zip Codes (28217, 28273, 28278, 28208, 28214): February 24, 2024
- Citywide End of Season (Open to all City of Charlotte residents): March 16, 2024
- Registration is required and typically opens 5-7 days before the event.
- You may select up to 2 trees per City of Charlotte address.
- All trees are required to be registered to the homeowner receiving those trees, with accurate contact information (including first name(s), last name(s), address, email address, and phone number). Correct contact information for each homeowner is required.
- If you are registering for or picking up trees on behalf of a neighbor or friend, please provide the homeowner’s correct contact information and bring copy of their registration with you to our event.
- While you will be able to pre-select your species, we cannot guarantee the variety or quantities will be available on the day of the event. We will, however, make all efforts to sub in a comparable tree.
- Resale of TreesCharlotte trees is prohibited and may result in being disallowed at future adoptions and TreesCharlotte events.
- Planting of TreesCharlotte trees for profit is prohibited and may result in being disallowed at future adoptions and TreesCharlotte events.
- All TreeAdoption attendees are required to go through a planting demonstration on the day-of the TreeAdoption they are attending.
- Trees are generally in 3-, 5- or 7-gallon containers, and generally range from 5-10′ tall.
- Before arriving, please clear space in your vehicle to accommodate the size of the trees.
- You will check in and sign a Stewardship Pledge Form and declare your pledge to take care of the tree(s) we provide.
- Upon arrival, plan for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees, as everyone will be required to go through a planting demonstration to ensure the healthy and longevity of our trees. Please note that every attendee is required to attend our planting demonstration, regardless of prior attendance at a previous demonstration.
- Soil from the container may spill out while the trees are being loaded in your vehicle. We recommend bringing trash bags or tarp if you want to avoid your vehicle getting dirty.
- You will receive an email after the event with planting and care instructions. Click here to learn more!
At this time our focus is within the Charlotte city limits. Therefore, we currently limit our participation to Charlotte residents only (we are unable to serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, other municipalities outside Charlotte, or Mecklenburg County).