We’re thrilled that you want to build Charlotte’s tree canopy. Our schedule of 2021-22 Tree Adoptions (formerly called TreeStores) has been released.
We’re excited to go back to our normal event format, which includes an in-person planting demonstration and tree education, a core mission of TreesCharlotte!
Feb. 5: Steele Creek Zip Code Tree Adoption, open to residents in 28217, 28273, and 28278. Steele Creek Athletic Association, 13530 Choate Circle.
Feb. 12: Crescent Tree Adoption, open to residents in 28206, 28208, 28213, 28214, and 28216. City of Charlotte Landscape Management, 701 Tuckaseegee Road.
Feb. 26: South Charlotte Zip Code Tree Adoption,open to residents in 28226, 28270 and 28277. Jay M Robinson Middle School, 5925 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy.
March 5: Central Charlotte Zip Code Tree Adoption, open to residents in 28202, 28203, 28204, 28206 and 28216. AvidXchange INC, 1210 AvidXchange lane.
March 26: Season-Ending Citywide Tree Adoption, open to all Charlotteans. Everything must go! City of Charlotte Landscape Management, 701 Tuckaseegee Road.
About Tree Adoptions
- Two trees per address.
- Registration will be required and will open online 5-7 days before the event. While you will be able to pre-select your species, we cannot guarantee species type or quantities the day of the event. We will, however, make all efforts to sub in a comparable tree.
- Plan for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees as everyone will be required to go through a planting demonstration. Tree education is mandatory for everyone.Charlotteans who have never received a tree from TreesCharlotte in the past will be invited to take advantage of our First Timers registration. Those details will roll out with each Adoption Event.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach their goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We therefore limit our efforts to expand the canopy within Charlotte’s city limits and limit participation to Charlotte residents only (unfortunately, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, other municipalities outside Charlotte, or Mecklenburg County).
- Proof of Charlotte residency (such as a driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) may be required on the day of the event.
- You will complete and sign a Stewardship Pledge Form and declare your pledge to take care of the tree(s) we provide.
- Trees are in 3-, 5- or 7-gallon containers, range from 6-10′ tall.
- While we’re excited to return to our in-person, full-contact events, we will adapt to prevailing Covid precautions.