Thank you for helping us complete a very successful Spring 2022 tree planting season! We look forward to hosting even more TreeAdoption events this fall.
If you would like to learn more about why we pause TreeAdoptions and plantings in the summer, read our blog here!
- Two trees per address.
- Registration will be required and will open online 5-7 days before the event. While you will be able to pre-select your species, we cannot guarantee species type or quantities the day of the event. We will, however, make all efforts to sub in a comparable tree.
- Plan for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees as everyone will be required to go through a planting demonstration. Tree education is mandatory for everyone. Charlotteans who have never received a tree from TreesCharlotte in the past will be invited to take advantage of our First Timers registration. Those details will roll out with each Adoption Event.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach their goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We therefore limit our efforts to expand the canopy within Charlotte’s city limits and limit participation to Charlotte residents only (unfortunately, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, other municipalities outside Charlotte, or Mecklenburg County).
- Proof of Charlotte residency (such as a driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) may be required on the day of the event.
- You will complete and sign a Stewardship Pledge Form and declare your pledge to take care of the tree(s) we provide.
- Trees are in 3-, 5- or 7-gallon containers, range from 6-10′ tall.
- While we’re excited to return to our in-person, full-contact events, we will adapt to prevailing Covid precautions.