The 2022-2023 tree planting season is upon us and we look forward to getting trees in your yards. We will have plenty of opportunities for everyone to register for trees with a variety of species available at each event.
Click on the event below to see further details:
- Jan. 14 – Winter Crescent Zip Code TreeAdoption – 28206, 28208, 28213, 28214, 28216
- Feb. 4 – South Zip Code TreeAdoption – 28202, 28203, 28204, 28207, 28209, 28210, 28211, 28226, 28277, 28270
- Feb. 25 – First-Timers Citywide TreeAdoption
- March 4 – West Zip Code TreeAdoption – 28217, 28273, 28278, 28208, 28214
- March 18 – End of Season Citywide TreeAdoption
Donations are highly encouraged and appreciated. TreesCharlotte purchases our trees from three NC growers, and we rely on your generosity to continue providing trees throughout Queen City. Please consider donating to our cause if you are able.
- Registration is required and typically opens 5-7 days before the event.
- You may select up to 2 trees per address.
- While you will be able to pre-select your species, we cannot guarantee the variety or quantities will be available on the day of the event. We will, however, make all efforts to sub in a comparable tree.
- Trees are in 3-, 5- or 7-gallon containers, ranging from 5-10′ tall.
- Before arriving, please clear space in your vehicle to accommodate the size of the trees.
- You will check in and sign a Stewardship Pledge Form and declare your pledge to take care of the tree(s) we provide.
- Upon arrival, plan for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees, as everyone will be required to go through a planting demonstration to ensure the healthy and longevity of our trees.
- Soil from the container may spill out while the trees are being loaded in your vehicle. We recommend bringing trash bags or tarp if you want to avoid your vehicle getting dirty.
- You will receive an email after the event with planting and care instructions. Click here to learn more!
At this time our focus is within the Charlotte city limits. Therefore, we currently limit our participation to Charlotte residents only (we are unable to serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, other municipalities outside Charlotte, or Mecklenburg County).
While we’re excited to return to our in-person, full-contact events, we will adapt to prevailing Covid precautions.