Development & Marketing Coordinator
Application period for this position is currently closed.
TreesCharlotte is seeking a passionate, energetic, environmentally minded professional as TreesCharlotte’s Development & Marketing Coordinator in the Charlotte area. This is a fit for someone with experience and/or interest in nonprofits, communications, marketing, social media, and the environmental impact of trees in our community. The Development & Marketing Coordinator will have a marketing mind, a passion for mission-driven storytelling, and a knack for achieving results.
The right candidate will be enthusiastic, eager to learn, and excited to work with social media, digital marketing, and graphic design. The Development & Marketing Coordinator will provide comprehensive administrative assistance with a focus on office and fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, event logistics, and donor stewardship efforts.
TreesCharlotte is a public/private nonprofit collaboration to grow, diversify and steward the city’s iconic urban forest. Trained volunteers and science-based programs teach residents about the value of trees and how to plant and care for them.
The Development & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting with corporate development and fulfillment as well as supporting our community outreach through leading coordination and administration efforts.
- Assists with writing sponsorship proposals and corporate fulfillment.
- Manage corporate fulfillment scorecards, communication and reporting.
- Assist with research on fundraising opportunities, grants, and potential corporate partnerships.
- Assist with donor reporting and tracking from the donor database.
- Support CommunityWoods and Treesilience management and delivery.
- Assist with planting season event execution.
- Help organize corporate volunteers and community members.
Marketing & Administration:
- Delivers first rate social media content on a weekly basis through our various social media channels, including video production and editing (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok).
- Assist with designing marketing content and collateral.
- Maintain website updates and conduct monthly website audits.
- Coordinates photography at all our events.
- Support preparation of reports and presentations.
Keys to Success
- “Team-over-self” personality; professional, energetic, and positive attitude.
- Highly developed organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Professional presence with the ability to engage all stations in our community.
- Self-starter with an aptitude for taking concepts and developing concrete results.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work Saturdays, especially during planting season (late September through March), and the occasional weeknight.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is a must, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prior knowledge of or ability to quickly learn and use design programs (i.e., Canva).
- Ability to engage in physical activity, including walking and standing for extended periods, moving around event materials, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets insurance requirements and access to reliable transportation.
- Bilingual, Spanish/English, is desired.
- A love of trees and the desire to grow Charlotte’s tree canopy!
- Salary commensurate with experience and Charlotte market
- Full-time position, including Saturdays, especially during planting season (late September through March), and the occasional weeknight
- 50% medical insurance, 100% vision and dental
- 2% Simple IRA company contribution
- Competitive PTO schedule with days awarded, not accrued
- 12 additional paid office holidays
- Respect for work-life balance, including consideration of flexible schedules
- Opportunity to build a legacy through strengthening Charlotte’s iconic urban forest
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to Ms. Heike Biller, Business Director, email@example.com. Please include your last name and “TreesCharlotte Development & Marketing Coordinator” in the subject. At this time, we are not accepting phone calls about this position.
TreesCharlotte does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex or sexual orientation.
We also recognize that there is no “perfect candidate” and that fit, and potential can be a greater success than experience or skills, so we encourage those interested to apply, even if they only have some of the requested skills, knowledge, and experience.