Assuring the health and survival of trees planted by TreesCharlotte is an essential part the commitment to increase and maintain the City’s canopy. After three years of planting trees, stewardship, or tree care, efforts are expanding.
- Evaluation of tree health at campus locations
- Banding trees to protect against the Cankerworm at Garinger High School
- Staking, mulching and tree replacement as needed at various CMS campuses
- Communication with TreeStewards, neighborhood liaisons to TreesCharlotte
- Planning for pruning as trees mature