TreesCharlotte is excited to bring our Zip Code TreeAdoption event to the University area. We invite residents living in zip codes 28213, 28262, and 28269 to come on out and get some trees at Back Creek Church.
To ensure the event runs smoothly please read the details below carefully:
Here’s what you need to know:
- Registration is required and opens at 10am Monday, October 24th (link will be posted above on Oct 24) and closes when we “sell-out” of trees or at 11:59pm Thursday, October 27th.
- Each address within zip codes 28213, 28262, and 28269 can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed.
- Proof of residency within 28213, 28262, and 28269 (ie: driver’s license, utility bill, etc) must be shown at the event.
- A valid email address is required to register.
- Please allow for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees as everyone is required to go through a planting demonstration.
- We are continuing to implement staggered pickup times. On the registration form, you will choose a time frame to pick up your trees.
- At the TreeAdoption, you will be taught how to plant and care for your tree(s) properly. Tree training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-10 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents. If interested please click HERE.
The trees below will be available. All species are subject to change. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
If you are a TreeMaster and would like to volunteer for this event please follow this LINK to register! Registration will open September 1st.