Having completed a NeighborWoods Application TreesCharlotte is pleased to partner with the Historic Hoskins Neighborhood to provide trees to their residents.
We will conduct a TreeAdoption at Hoskins Avenue Baptist Church on Sat, October 25th, for residents to pick up and plant trees in their own yards! What a great way to add more shade and beauty to your neighborhood.
Residents, here’s what you need to know:
- Each Hoskins household can get up to 3 trees, with a limit of 2 of the same species per household.
- You are able to pre-register for the trees. We will also provide an opportunity to get trees if you are unable to register. Registration opens at 10:00 am, Monday, October 3rd (link will be shared by Hoskins Leadership) and closes at 11:59 pm, Thursday, October 13th.
- Each tree comes with a bag of mulch.
- You will need to pick up your trees at Hoskins Avenue Baptist Church, on Sat, Oct 25th, between 10-11:00 a.m. If you cannot make this window, please make arrangements with a neighbor to get your trees.
- At the TreeAdoption, you will be taught how to plant and care for your tree(s) properly. Tree training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-15 feet tall, and weigh about 20-25 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links will be provided below to learn more about each species; please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, your selections are final.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select. Tree planting is not provided.
When known, a list of trees will be provided below. All species are subject to change. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
We are recruiting TreeMasters to help distribute the trees for the residents of the Hoskins Neighborhood. For more information and to register click HERE on Sept 1st.