Whether you’re new to Charlotte or new to TreesCharlotte, we have a special invitation just for you. We are hosting a First-Timers TreeAdoption simultaneously with the Citywide TreeAdoption, where we’re giving away 100 trees to Charlotte residents who’ve never participated in our TreeAdoptions before! If you’re a TreesCharlotte first-timer, you can take home up to two FREE trees! What a terrific way to get started on what promises to be a wonderful tree journey in the Queen City.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You must pre-register. Registration opens at 10:00 a.m. Monday, September 20 (link will be posted above on Sept. 20) and closes when trees “sell-out” or at 12:01 am Tuesday, September 21. Scroll down to below the list of species we’re offering for the link to register.
- NEW PARTICIPANTS ONLY: Each Charlotte address/household can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed. Proof of residency within the city (ie: driver’s license, utility bill, etc) must be shown at the event.
- We are continuing to implement staggered pickup times. On the registration form, you will choose a time frame to pick up your trees.
- At the TreeAdoption, you will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 3, 5, and 7-gallon containers, measure 6-10 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach its goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We, therefore, limit participation to residents within Charlotte city limits. At this time, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Mecklenburg County or other municipalities outside Charlotte.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents. If interested please click HERE.
The trees below will be available. All species are subject to change. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.