Fall is a wonderful time of year to add the beauty and health of trees to your yard. Lucky for you, we’re giving plenty of trees away at our Opening Day City-wide TreeAdoption!
We’ll have a big mix of species, from small flowering to canopy building to evergreen screening. There’s something for everybody. We thank One Tree Planted for helping to sponsor this TreeAdoption.
Did you know that fall is the best time to plant a tree? Fall gives your new tree several months of cooler weather so that it can concentrate on root establishment rather than leaf production. And, the fall and winter tend to be rainy – nature’s tree watering system.
We are SOLD OUT of trees!
Here’s what you need to know:
- You must pre-register. Registration opens at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, September 21 (link will be posted above on Sept. 21) and closes when trees “sell out” or at 11:59 p.m. Thursday, September 23. Scroll down to below the list of species we’re offering for the link to register.
- Each Charlotte address/household can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed. Proof of residency within the city (ie: driver’s license, utility bill, etc) must be shown at the event.
- We are continuing to implement staggered pickup times. On the registration form, you will choose a time frame to pick up your trees.
- At the TreeAdoption, you will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 3, 5, and 7-gallon containers, measure 6-10 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach its goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We, therefore, limit participation to residents within Charlotte city limits. At this time, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Mecklenburg County or other municipalities outside Charlotte.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents. If interested please click HERE.
The trees below will be available. All species are subject to change. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
We’re looking for 8 TreeMasters to help with traffic, check-in, and moving trees. Sign in to your account and complete the form below. Interested in becoming a TreeMaster? Find details here.