Thanks to the support of Morningstar Properties, TreesCharlotte will be ending its event season with a City-wide TreeAdoption. Everyone who lives within the city limits is able to partake in this amazing event. We’ll have a huge mix of species, from small flowering to canopy building to evergreen screening. There’s something for everybody.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Here’s what you need to know:
- Registration is required and opens at 10:00 am Monday, March 13 and closes when trees “sell out” or at 12:01 am Thursday, March 16. Scroll down to see the list of species we’re offering for the link to register.
- Each City of Charlotte address/household can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed.
- A valid email address is required to register.
- Please allow for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees as everyone is required to go through a planting demonstration.
- We are continuing to implement staggered pickup times. On the registration form, you will choose a time frame to pick up your trees.
- At the TreeAdoption, you will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 3, 5, or 7-gallon containers, measure up to 12 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
- We limit participation to residents within Charlotte city limits. At this time, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Mecklenburg County, or other municipalities outside Charlotte.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents. If interested please click HERE.
The list of species below will be available. We may add or remove species prior to the event. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
- Maple, Brandywine
- Maple, Celebration
- Maple, October Glory
- Maple, Legacy Sugar
- Hornbeam, Europen Upright
- Hornbeam, American
- Redbud, Flamethrower
- Redbud, Rising Sun
- Redbud, Eastern
- Yellowwood, American
- Dogwood, Kousa
- Cryptomeria, Japanese Cedar
- Holly, Oakland
- Crepe Myrtle, Double Dynamite
- Tulip Poplar
- Magnolia, Butterflies
- Magnolia, Inspiration
- Magnolia, Kay Parris
- Magnolia, Moonglow
- Amberglow Dawn redwood
- Pine, Loblolly
- Sycamore, Exclamation
- Cherry, Yoshino
- Oak, Swamp White
- Oak, Nuttall
- Bald Cypress
- Arborvitae, Green Giant
- Allee Elm
- Green Vase Zelkova
If you are a TreeMaster and would like to volunteer for this event please follow this LINK to register!