To commemorate North Carolina Arbor Day, TreesCharlotte will be hosting a special TreeAdoption for all residents of the City of Charlotte! We will have 150 canopy builders for you to choose from. We are very excited to see you take a tree home on such a special day!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Here’s what you need to know:
- Registration is required and opens at 10:00 a.m. Monday, March 14th (link will be posted above on March 14) and closes when trees “sell out” or at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, March 16th. Scroll down to below the list of species we’re offering for the link to register.
- Each Charlotte address/household can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed.
- A valid email address is required to register.
- Please allow for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees as everyone is required to go through a planting demonstration.
- At the TreeAdoption, you will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-10 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video and watering instructions.
- We limit participation to residents within Charlotte city limits. At this time, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Mecklenburg County, or other municipalities outside Charlotte.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents. If interested please click HERE.
Information about the available trees is be posted below. All species are subject to change. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.