1. Pick a tree in your yard — ideally one you want to learn more about.
2. Using this handy step-by-step guide from the Arbor Day Foundation, figure out the species.
3. When you’re done, jot down the species name on a piece of paper and get your picture taken in front of the tree (example at left).
4. Send your entry to email@example.com, understanding that by doing so, we may post it on our social media/website/Leaflet/etc. Include your name, neighborhood and address. (We will not publicly publish your last name or address.).
5. All participants will receive this awesome TreesCharlotte laptop sticker (pictured right)!
Have fun learning more about your urban forest!!