Having completed a NeighborWoods Application TreesCharlotte is pleased to partner with the Woodbury neighborhood to provide trees to their residents. We will conduct a private drive-thru TreeStore at the Woodbury pool on Saturday, March 6th, for residents to pick up and plant trees in their own yards! What a great way to add more shade and beauty to your neighborhood.
Residents, here’s what you need to know:
- Each Woodbury household can get up to 3 trees, with a limit of 2 of the same species per household.
- You must pre-register for the trees. Registration opens at 10:00 am Tuesday, Feb 16, and closes at 11:59 pm Feb 26. (Link will be provided by neighborhood leadership)
- The cost is $10/tree (plus fees). Each tree comes with a bag of mulch.
- You will need to pick up your trees at the Woodbury pool, on Saturday, March 6th, between 9-10:00 a.m. If you cannot make this window, please make arrangements with a neighbor to get your trees.
- This will be a largely drive-through event to limit personal contact. You will be expected to load your own trees and mulch.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-10 feet tall, and weigh about 20-25 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links are provided below to learn more about each species available; please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, your selections are final.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select. Tree planting is not provided.
You’ll be able to choose from the following trees when you register. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection. Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed.