Having completed a NeighborWoods Application TreesCharlotte is pleased to partner with the Woodbury neighborhood to provide trees to their residents. We will conduct a private drive-thru TreeStore at the Woodbury pool on Saturday, March 6th, for residents to pick up and plant trees in their own yards! What a great way to add more shade and beauty to your neighborhood.
Residents, here’s what you need to know:
- Each Woodbury household can get up to 3 trees, with a limit of 2 of the same species per household.
- You must pre-register for the trees. Registration opens at 10:00 am Monday, Feb 15, and closes at 11:59 pm Feb 26. (Link will be provided by neighborhood leadership)
- The cost is $10/tree (plus fees). Each tree comes with a bag of mulch.
- You will need to pick up your trees at the Woodbury pool, on Saturday, March 6th, between 9-10:00 a.m. If you cannot make this window, please make arrangements with a neighbor to get your trees.
- This will be a largely drive-through event to limit personal contact. You will be expected to load your own trees and mulch.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-10 feet tall, and weigh about 20-25 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links are provided below to learn more about each species available; please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, your selections are final.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select. Tree planting is not provided.
Sign-ups for this event are limited to TreeMasters.