Excitement has been tree-mendous for this event and we are now “sold out” of trees. Visit the events calendar for other opportunities.
TreesCharlotte is excited to bring our Zip Code TreeStore to the Westside. We invite residents living in zip codes 28208 and 28214 to come on out and get some trees at Whitewater Middle School.
To ensure the event follows social distancing guidelines, details are different from our typical TreeStores, so read carefully:
Here’s what you need to know:
- You must pre-register. Registration opens at 10:00 am Tuesday, March 9. (link will be below available species) and closes when we “sell-out” of trees or at 11:59pm Friday, March 12.
- Each address within zip code 28208 and 28214 can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed. Proof of residency (ie drivers license, utility bill, etc) must be shown at the event.
- A valid email address is required to register.
- The event will be drive-thru only to limit personal contact. You will be expected to load your own trees and mulch.
- To respect guidelines around large gatherings and to limit the number of registrants on-site at any one time, we are implementing staggered pick up times. On the registration form, you will choose a time-frame to pick up your trees.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-10 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents.
You’ll be able to choose from the following trees when you register. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection. Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed.
Registration will open March 9