TreesCharlotte is excited to celebrate Giving Tuesday with a unique TreeAdoption . We invite Charlotte residents to partake in our special Giving Tuesday Native-TreesAdoption. For this event, our tree species selection are exclusively North Carolina natives! They will be 3-gallon in size.
Our Giving Tuesday Tree Adoption is a donation-based event where your generosity can make a meaningful impact. While tree adoptions are open to all Charlotte residents, we welcome optional donations to support our critical canopy initiatives. Every donation, regardless of the amount, contributes significantly to the growth and sustainability of Charlotte’s urban forest. Click here to donate.
A link to register for trees will be added here on Monday, November 20th at 10am.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Here’s what you need to know:
- Registration is required and opens at 10:00 am Monday, November 20 (link will be posted above on 11/20) and closes when trees “sell out” or at 11:59 pm Friday, November 24.
- While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed.
- All trees are required to be registered to the homeowner receiving those trees, with accurate contact information (including first name(s), last name(s), address, email address, and phone number). Correct contact information for each homeowner is required.
- If you are registering for or picking up trees on behalf of a neighbor or friend, please provide the homeowner’s correct contact information and bring copy of their registration with you to the event.
- While you will be able to pre-select your species, we cannot guarantee the variety or quantities that will be available on the day of the event. We will, however, make all efforts to sub in a comparable tree.
- Resale of TreesCharlotte trees is prohibited and may result in being disallowed at future adoptions and TreesCharlotte events.
- Planting of TreesCharlotte trees for profit is prohibited and may result in being disallowed at future adoptions and TreesCharlotte events.
Day of event details
- All TreeAdoption attendees are required to watch a planting demonstration on the day of the TreeAdoption.
- Allow for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees.
- About the trees: The trees are in up to 3-gallon containers, measure up to 5 feet tall. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with event details and planting and care instructions.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents. Click here to donate.
Below is a draft listing of species we hope to offer. We may add or remove species prior to the event. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
White Atlantic Cedar