We’re excited to go back to our normal event format, which includes an in-person planting demonstration and tree education, a core mission of TreesCharlotte!
Whether you’re new to Charlotte or new to TreesCharlotte, we have a special invitation just for you. We are hosting a First-Timers TreeAdoption simultaneously with the Westside Zipcode TreeAdoption at Whitewater Middle School, where we’re giving away 100 trees to Charlotte residents who’ve never participated in our TreeAdoptions before! If you’re a TreesCharlotte first-timer, you can take home up to two FREE trees! What a terrific way to get started on what promises to be a wonderful tree journey in the Queen City.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Registration is required and opens at 10am Monday, October 25 (link will be posted above on Oct. 25) and closes when trees “sell-out” or at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, October 26. Scroll down to below the list of species we’re offering for the link to register.
- NEW PARTICIPANTS ONLY: Each address that has never gotten trees from us before and within zip code 28208, 28214, and 28216 can get up to a maximum of 2 trees total.
- While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees or addresses that have gotten trees from us before, will be notified and removed.
- Proof of residency within 28208, 28214, and 28216 (ie: driver’s license, utility bill, etc) must be shown at the event.
- Valid email address is required to register
- Please allow for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees as everyone is required to go through a planting demonstration.
- We are continuing to implement staggered pickup times. On the registration form, you will choose a time frame to pick up your trees.
- At the TreeAdoption, you will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 5-gallon containers, measure 4-8 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents. If interested please click HERE.
The trees below will be available. All species are subject to change. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Registration link will be added to this post on Oct. 25 at 10am. Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.