Whether you’re new to Charlotte or new to TreesCharlotte, we have a special invitation just for you. On March 20, we are hosting a First-Timers TreeStore simultaneously with the WestSide ZipCode TreeStore, where we’re giving away 200 trees to Charlotte residents who’ve never “shopped” our stores before! If you’re a TreesCharlotte first-timer, you can take home up to two FREE trees! What a terrific way to get started on what promises to be a wonderful tree journey in the Queen City.
To ensure the event follows social distancing guidelines, some details are different from our typical TreeStores, so read carefully:
Here’s what you need to know:
- You must pre-register, as no drive-ups will be allowed. Registration opens 10am Fri, Mar 5 and closes when we sell out or 11:59pm Mon, Mar 8. The link to register will appear below the list of trees we’re offering, once determined.
- New participants only. Each Charlotte address/household can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees or households that have previously gotten trees will be notified and removed.
- This one’s for new participants, regardless of which zip code you live in, as long as its within Charlotte city limits. Households registering outside the city will be notified and removed.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach its goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We, therefore, limit participation to residents within Charlotte city limits. At this time, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Mecklenburg County or other municipalities outside Charlotte.
- The event will be drive-thru only to limit personal contact. You will be expected to load your own trees and mulch.
- About the trees: The trees are in 3,5 and 7-gallon containers, measure 6-15 feet tall and weigh about 20-25 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donation are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents.
Click Here to Register for Trees
Below is a list of trees we hope to have available for you to choose from when registering.
Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection. Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed.
We have enough TreeMaster help for this event.