TreesCharlotte is excited to provide a zip code TreeAdoption event for those in the Crescent of Charlotte! We invite residents living in zip codes 28206, 28208, 28213, 28214, and 28216 to come on out and get some trees at TreesCharlotte!
To ensure the event runs smoothly please read the details below carefully:
Here’s what you need to know:
- Registration is required and opens at 10 am Monday, October 10, and closes when we “sell-out” of trees or at 11:59 pm Thursday, October 13.
- Each address within the city of Charlotte zip codes 28206, 28208, 28213, 28214, and 28216 can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed.
- A valid email address is required to register.
- Please allow for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees as everyone is required to go through a planting demonstration.
- We are continuing to implement staggered pickup times. On the registration form, you will choose a time frame to pick up your trees.
- At the TreeAdoption, you will be taught how to plant and care for your tree(s) properly. Tree training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-10 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video and watering instructions. Tree planting is not provided.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents. If interested please click HERE.
The available trees are posted below. All species are subject to change. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
If you are a TreeMaster and would like to volunteer for this event please follow this LINK to register! Registration will open on September 1st.