Having completed a NeighborWoods Application TreesCharlotte is pleased to partner with the Coventry Woods neighborhood to provide trees to their residents. Volunteers can see details below.
We will conduct a TreeAdoption on 5399 Scelina Drive on Sat, Jan. 29th, for residents to pick up and plant trees in their own yards! What a great way to add more shade and beauty to your neighborhood.
Residents, here’s what you need to know:
- Each Coventry Woodss household can get up to 3 trees, with a limit of 2 of the same species per household.
- You must pre-register for the trees. Registration opens at 10:00 am, Monday, Jan. 1o (link is above) and closes at 11:59 pm, Thursday, Jan. 20.
- Each tree comes with a bag of mulch.
- You will need to pick up your trees at 5399 Scelina Drive, on Sat, January 29, between 10-11:00 a.m. If you cannot make this window, please make arrangements with a neighbor to get your trees.
- At the TreeAdoption, you will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-15 feet tall, and weigh about 20-25 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links will be provided below to learn more about each species; please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, your selections are final.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select. Tree planting is not provided.
The available trees are listed below. All species are subject to change. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.