Cameron Wood, are you ready for some trees? Thanks to our partnership with LendingTree, Charlotte 2020 Host Committee and 2020 Convention Planners, we are excited to bring our Drive-thru TreeStore to Cameron Wood. We will drop off trees directly to the Cameron Wood Swim & Racquet Club on Friday, May 1, for residents to pick up and plant in their own yards! What a great way to add more shade and beauty to your neighborhood.
If you’re interested, here’s what you need to know:
- Each household can get up to 3 trees, with a limit of 2 of the same species per household.
- You must pre-register for trees. Registration opens at 10 a.m on Saturday, April 25 and closes at midnight Wednesday, April 29.
- Cost is $10/tree (plus fees). Each tree comes with a bag of mulch.
- You will need to pick up your trees at the Cameron Wood Swim and Racquet Club, 3228 Birnen Drive, on Friday, May 1, between 4-5:30 p.m. This will be a largely drive-through event to limit personal contact. You will be expected to load your own trees and mulch, but there will be a few volunteers available to help if you need assistance. Please have your car prepared to take the trees (trunk ready, seats down, plastic/blanket laid out, etc.) to make the process as quick and social distance-friendly as possible. You will get a reminder email about this pickup event. If you cannot make this window, please make arrangements with a neighbor to get your trees. Two local teens, Henry and Will Hoskins, will deliver your trees and mulch to your yard for $10/household. To make arrangements, call or text Henry at 704-609-6355.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-15 feet tall and weigh about 20-25 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. As you’ll see in the registration form, you have 11 species to choose from. Links are provided below to learn more about each species; please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select. Tree planting is not provided.
You’ll be able to choose from the following trees when you register (registration link below). Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.