Thank you so much, Ambassadors, for all you do! We have a few new opportunities and a few others that still need filling!
Please note: Volunteers may be asked to pick up event materials the day before the event and/or return them the day after the event from the TreesCharlotte office, 701 Tuckaseegee Road. Jen will work out details with you.
1. Open Streets 704: Sunday, Sept. 15
Open Streets 704 is a series of Charlotte events that literally open a length of city streets for an afternoon just for people! Taking cues from similar events around the country and the world, Open Streets 704 aims to build a better, healthier, connected community by encouraging Charlotte and Mecklenburg area residents to walk, bicycle, and experience the city together in a way that’s just not possible in a car.
This fall’s Open Streets takes place through Dilworth and the West End. TreesCharlotte will have a table with trivia, tree cookie necklaces and info about our upcoming season! Details:
- Sunday, Sept. 15
- Two shifts: 12:30-3 p.m. and 3-5:30 p.m. Two people/shift.
- Our table is in Wesley Heights, right around the corner from our office!
2. Bank of America Expo: Oct. 3
The Bank of America My Environment Charlotte Chapter is partnering with Animal Adoption and Awareness to host the Annual Gateway Village Expo in the Gateway Village promenade. We’ve been invited to participate and have been asked to bring Rooty! Details:
- Tuesday, Oct. 3
- Two shifts: 10:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m. for manning the table; 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for Rooty.
- Gateway Village Promenade, 800 W Trade Street.
3. Farmers Market: Oct. 19.
The Cotswold Farmers Market has invited TreesCharlotte to set up an information table. Details:
- Saturday, Oct. 19
- Shift is 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. One person needed.
- Parking lot of an urgent care at corner of Sharon Amity and Randolph Road