TreesCharlotte is excited to open this TreeAdoption to ALL Charlotte residents!
We’ll have a mix of species, from small flowering to canopy building to evergreen screening. There’s something for everybody. Our zip code TreeAdoptions give priority to those living in targeted areas of the city. Those residents are invited to early registration on the Friday of the week before the adoption. If the TreeAdoption does not “sell-out” by the following Tuesday, February 20th, all residents of Charlotte will be invited to register beginning at 10 am.
A link to register for trees will be added here on Friday, February 16th.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
We are seeking TreeMasters to help manage the event. Click here to register to volunteer.
We are seeking General Volunteers to assist in our tree yard to load trees into registrants’ cars. Click here to register for General Volunteers!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Registration is required and opens at 10:00 am Friday, February 16th (link will be posted above on 2/16) and closes when trees “sell out” or at 11:59 pm Wednesday, February 21st.
- This event is now open to all Charlotte zip codes. Charlotte residents can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed.
- All trees are required to be registered to the homeowner receiving those trees, with accurate contact information (including first name(s), last name(s), address, email address, and phone number). Correct contact information for each homeowner is required.
- If you are registering for or picking up trees on behalf of a neighbor or friend, please provide the homeowner’s correct contact information and bring copy of their registration with you to the event.
- While you will be able to pre-select your species, we cannot guarantee the variety or quantities that will be available on the day of the event. We will, however, make all efforts to sub in a comparable tree.
- Resale of TreesCharlotte trees is prohibited and may result in being disallowed at future adoptions and TreesCharlotte events.
- Planting of TreesCharlotte trees for profit is prohibited and may result in being disallowed at future adoptions and TreesCharlotte events.
Day of event details
- All TreeAdoption attendees are required to go through a planting demonstration on the day of the TreeAdoption.
- Allow for at least 45 minutes to receive your trees as everyone is required to go through a planting demonstration. Tree planting training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in up to 7-gallon containers, measure up to 10 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with event details and planting and care instructions.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents. Click here to donate.
Below is a draft listing of species we hope to offer. We may add or remove species prior to the event. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
Green Giant Arborvitae
Peggy Clark Apricot