Having completed a NeighborWoods Application TreesCharlotte is pleased to partner with the Davis and Walden Ridge neighborhoods to provide trees to their residents.
We will conduct a TreeAdoption at David Cox Elementary on Sat, October 8, for residents to pick up and plant trees in their own yards! What a great way to add more shade and beauty to your neighborhood.
Residents, here’s what you need to know:
- Each Walden Ridge household can get up to 3 trees, with a limit of 2 of the same species per household.
- You must pre-register for the trees. Registration opens at 10:00 am, Monday, Sept 19 (link will be shared by the neighborhood HOA’s) and closes at 11:59 pm, Thursday, Sept 29.
- Each tree comes with a bag of mulch.
- You will need to pick up your trees at David Cox Elementary School, on Sat, Oct 8th, between 9-10:00 a.m. If you cannot make this window, please make arrangements with a neighbor to get your trees.
- At the TreeAdoption, you will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-15 feet tall, and weigh about 20-25 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links will be provided below to learn more about each species; please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, your selections are final.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select. Tree planting is not provided.
The list of trees below will be available. All species are subject to change. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
We are recruiting TreeMasters to help distribute the trees for the residents at David Cox Elementary. For more information and to register click HERE.