Are you a resident of Charlotte? Do you need some trees for your yard? This TreeStore, generously sponsored by Wells Fargo, is all about flowering trees – just in time for Valentine’s Day.
- Each Charlotte household is eligible for up to two free trees. Limit 2 trees per address.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach their goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We therefore limit our efforts to expand the canopy within Charlotte’s city limits and limit participation to Charlotte residents only (unfortunately, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, other municipalities outside Charlotte, or Mecklenburg County).
- Proof of Charlotte residency (such as a driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) must be shown at the event in order to participate.
- A valid email address is required to register.
- You will complete and sign a Stewardship Pledge Form (mandatory) and declare your pledge to take care of the tree(s) we provide.
- At the TreeStore, you will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree education is mandatory.
- We cannot guarantee species type or quantities and will not know what will be available until the morning of the event.
- Trees are in 7-gallon containers, range from 6-10′ tall, and will not be reserved or transported.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. A suggested donation of $20 is greatly appreciated and would help us give more trees to Charlotte residents.
Tree registration will be open January 29 through February 5. Deadline to register is February 5.
Pre-registration does not guarantee you trees or tree varieties.
We expect to give out 500 trees on a first come, first served basis. Expect long lines as this will be a popular event.
Click Here to Register for Trees
We are in need of 30 volunteers/TreeMasters to help move and distribute trees and mulch to participants.