Thank you to the many Charlotteans that have registered to get trees. Registration is now closed. We will see you again in late September.
This is it. Our final Season End Citywide Drive-thru TreeStore. We have a limited number of large maturing trees that are in need of new homes.
We want to thank our partnership with Duke Energy/Piedmont Natural Gas as well as Lending Tree, the Charlotte 2020 Host Committee and the 2020 Convention Planners for making this event possible.
To ensure the event follows social distancing guidelines, some details are different from our typical TreeStores, so read carefully:
Here’s what you need to know:
- You must pre-register for trees. Registration opens Sunday, May 24 and closes at midnight Tuesday, May 26. Scroll down to below the list of species for the link.
- Each Charlotte address/household can get up to 3 trees.
- Trees will be given out on a first come, first served basis. Please do research ahead of time to know which trees will work best for your yard. Links are provided below to learn more about the trees. We will not be able to answer any tree related questions at the event.
- This TreeStore will be drive-thru only to limit personal contact. You will be expected to load your own trees and mulch. Neighbors are encouraged to work together to pick up multiple orders with one vehicle.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-15 feet tall and weigh about 20-25 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. As you’ll see below, you have 10 species to choose from. Links are provided to learn more about each species; please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place.
- Important note: TreesCharlotte typically does not distribute trees this late in the spring – newly planted trees fare better when there’s cooler weather ahead. We hope that with your love and care, they will flourish once planted. But if they don’t, we’ll be back in the fall with more TreeStores!
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach its goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We, therefore, limit participation to residents within Charlotte city limits. At this time, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Mecklenburg County or other municipalities outside Charlotte.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. A suggested donation of $10/tree is greatly appreciated and would help us give more trees to Charlotte residents.
The following trees will be given out on a first come, first served basis (registration link below opens May 24).
Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard. We will not be able to answer any questions at the event.
Registration has closed. We’ll start back up in late September with all new TreeStores. Stay tuned.