Having completed a NeighborWoods Application TreesCharlotte is pleased to partner with the Miranda and Richard Rozelles neighborhoods to provide trees to their residents. We will conduct a drive-thru TreeStore at Whitewater Middle from 9-11 a.m. March 20 for residents to pick up and plant trees in their own yards! What a great way to add more shade and beauty to your neighborhood.
To ensure the event follows social distancing guidelines, details are different from our typical TreeStores, so read carefully:
- You must pre-register. Registration opens at 10:00 am Friday, March 5. (link will be below available species) and closes when we “sell-out” of trees or at 11:59 pm Monday, March 8.
- Each address within Miranda and Richard Rozzelles can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed. Proof of residency (ie driver’s license, utility bill, etc) must be shown at the event.
- A valid email address is required to register.
- The event will be drive-thru only to limit personal contact. You will be expected to load your own trees and mulch.
- To respect guidelines around large gatherings and to limit the number of registrants on-site at any one time, we are implementing staggered pick up times. On the registration form, you will choose a time-frame to pick up your trees.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-10 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
You’ll be able to choose from the following trees when you register. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.
Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection. Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed.
Registration will open March 5