Thanks to the generous support of our Treesilience sponsors, TreesCharlotte is pleased to partner with the Ramblewood neighborhood to host a TreeAdoption for residents to plant trees in their yards.
The morning will kick off with refreshments for the volunteers and community members. TreeMasters will conduct a “Right Tree, Right Place” seminar at 9 AM for community members to learn how to properly plant their trees and what to consider when choosing a location before picking up their trees and mulch.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Registration is encouraged by clicking on the link below, registration closes at 11:59 pm Thursday, October 26.
- Each address within the neighborhood can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified.
- All trees are required to be registered to the resident receiving those trees, with accurate contact information (including first name(s), last name(s), address, email address, and phone number). Correct contact information for each resident is required.
- If you are registering for or picking up trees on behalf of a neighbor or friend, please provide the resident’s correct contact information and bring a copy of their registration with you to the event.
- While you will be able to pre-select your species, we cannot guarantee the variety or quantities that will be available on the day of the event. We will, however, make all efforts to sub in a comparable tree.
- Resale of TreesCharlotte trees is prohibited and may result in being disallowed at future adoptions and TreesCharlotte events.
- Planting of TreesCharlotte trees for profit is prohibited and may result in being disallowed at future adoptions and TreesCharlotte events.
Day of event details
- All TreeAdoption attendees are will go through a planting demonstration on the day of the event.
- Allow for at least 30 minutes to receive your trees as everyone is required to go through a planting demonstration. Tree planting training is mandatory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 3, 5, or 7-gallon containers, measure up to 10 feet tall, and weigh about 10-15 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with event details and planting and care instructions.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Below is a draft listing of species we hope to offer. We may add or remove species prior to the event. Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection.
Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed. Be sure to research which tree will work best for your yard before registering.