Excitement for this event was Tree-mendous and we’ve “sold out”. Not to worry, we have plenty of Zip Code TreeStores scheduled this season covering all of Charlotte! Click here for a complete list.
Fall is a wonderful time of year to add the beauty and health of trees to your yard. Lucky for you, we’re giving 400 trees away at ourOpening Day City-wide Drive-thru TreeStore! We are grateful for the generous support of the Women’s Impact Fund to enable us to host events like this.
We’ll have a big mix of species, from small flowering to canopy building to evergreen screening. There’s something for everybody!
Did you know that fall is the best time to plant a tree?! Fall gives your new tree several months of cooler weather so that it can concentrate on root establishment rather than leaf production. And, the fall and winter tend to be rainy – nature’s tree watering system!
To ensure the event follows social distancing guidelines, some details are different from our typical TreeStores, so read carefully:
Here’s what you need to know:
- You must pre-register. Registration opens at 12:01 a.m. Friday, September 18 and closes at 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, September 22. Scroll down to below the list of species we’re offering for the link to register.
- Each Charlotte address/household can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed.
- The event will be drive-thru only to limit personal contact. You will be expected to load your own trees and mulch. Neighbors are encouraged to work together to pick up multiple orders with one vehicle.
- To respect guidelines around large gatherings and to limit the number of registrants on-site at any one time, we are implementing staggered pick up times. On the registration form, you will choose a time-frame to pick up your tree (9-9:45am; 9:45-10:30am or 10:30-11:15am). You must pick up your trees/mulch at some point during your chosen time-frame. Trees not picked up will be forfeited and placed back into inventory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 7-gallon containers, measure 6-15 feet tall and weigh about 20-25 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach its goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We, therefore, limit participation to residents within Charlotte city limits. At this time, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Mecklenburg County or other municipalities outside Charlotte.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donation are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents.
You’ll be able to choose from the following trees when you register (registration link below opens at midnight Sept 18). To learn more about the trees we’re offering, watch this recording of Ask the Arborist, in which our tree experts give an overview of the trees and take questions.
Quantities are limited. Register early to ensure the best selection. Selections are final and once registered, cannot be changed.
Registration will open Sept 18
We’re looking for 8 TreeMasters to help with traffic, check-in and moving trees. Sign in to your account and complete the form below. Interested in becoming a TreeMaster? Find details here.
Sign-ups for this event are limited to TreeMasters.