Leaving a Legacy
A gift of appreciated stock can be a great way to help TreesCharlotte, while also boosting your after-tax position. We make it safe and easy to make a contribution that pays dividends to the entire community. By making a planned gift to TreesCharlotte, you’ll join other supporters in growing and preserving Charlotte’s tree canopy for generations to come. There are numerous ways you can make a planned gift:
Bequests: Naming TreesCharlotte in your will
Stock: Donate stock to TreesCharlotte
Retirement Funds: Making TreesCharlotte a beneficiary of your 401(k), IRA or other retirement savings fund
Life Insurance: Naming TreesCharlotte a beneficiary of a life insurance policy
Land/Real Estate: Leaving your property to TreesCharlotte
Your gift of stock is tax deductible and you will not pay capital gains tax on any stock you transfer (please check with your tax advisor for verification). After the transfer is complete, please contact to let us know about your gift.
If you have any questions, please contact Dave Cable at 704-577-2004 or by .
TreesCharlotte Foundation Stock Delivery Instructions
To donate stock electronically:
- Donor should contact their Financial Advisor to request delivery to Foundation For The Carolinas.
- Donor must notify the Foundation that the securities will be transferred for the benefit of TreesCharlotte – call 704-973-4529 or email: donorrelations#fftc.org. The donor must indicate how to direct the funds, either to the TreesCharlotte Operating Fund (Fund #1819) or to the TreesCharlotte Endowment (Fund #3043).
- FFTC will liquidate securities upon receipt and notify TreesCharlotte of the gift.
- Proceeds from the sale will be applied to the appropriate TreesCharlotte Fund.
- Donor will receive gift acknowledgment with the details from FFTC as well as an annual Charitable Gift Receipt, and acknowledgement from TreesCharlotte.
To donate stock in certificate form:
Notify the Foundation that you intend to either hand deliver or mail your stock certificate to us. Stock certificate transfers require the completion of specific paperwork with special signatures that must be completed before the FFTC brokers will accept and process the transfer. The Foundation will work with you to ensure your stock is transferred, sold and processed as quickly as possible.
Contact Donor Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-973-4529
Foundation For The Carolinas
220 North Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Federal Tax ID: 56-6047886