Excitement has been tree-mendous for this event and we are now “sold out” of trees.
Spring is a wonderful time of year to add the beauty and health of trees to your yard. Lucky for you, we’re giving lots of trees away at our end of season City-wide Drive-thru TreeStore!
We’ll have a big mix of species, from small flowering to canopy building to evergreen screening. There’s something for everybody!
To ensure the event follows social distancing guidelines, some details are different from our typical TreeStores, so read carefully:
Here’s what you need to know:
- You must pre-register. Registration opens at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, March, 17 and closes at 11:59 p.m. Friday, March 19. Scroll down to below the list of species we’re offering for the link to register.
- Each Charlotte address/household can get up to 2 trees. While the registration form does not limit the total number of trees, households requesting more than 2 trees will be notified and removed.
- The event will be drive-thru only to limit personal contact. You will be expected to load your own trees and mulch.
- To respect guidelines around large gatherings and to limit the number of registrants on-site at any one time, we are implementing staggered pick up times. On the registration form, you will choose a time-frame to pick up your tree (9-10am; 10-10:45am or 10:45-11:30am). You must pick up your trees/mulch at some point during your chosen time-frame. Trees not picked up will be forfeited and placed back into inventory.
- About the trees: The trees are in 3, 5, and 7-gallon containers, measure 6-15 feet tall, and weigh about 20-25 pounds. The mulch weighs 25 pounds/bag. Links to the species we are offering are provided below. Please do your homework first to ensure you’re putting the right tree in the right place. Once registered, selections are final and cannot be changed.
- TreesCharlotte will send a follow-up email with planting instructions – including a planting video – watering instructions and specific information about the species you select.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach its goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We, therefore, limit participation to residents within Charlotte city limits. At this time, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Mecklenburg County or other municipalities outside Charlotte.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. Donations are greatly appreciated and help us give more trees to Charlotte residents.