Hurricanes and trees: How to be ready9.11.18
Storms kept our city partners BUSY!10.23.18
With Florence out of the way, now the cleanup begins. While the city of Charlotte will collect your yard waste, remember its guidelines:
- Cut all tree limbs to 5 feet and make sure they are no bigger than 4 inches in diameter.
- Place the yard waste close to the curb, 3 feet away from all objects.
- Separate the yard waste into piles no higher than 3 feet and by type: leaves, limbs, loose debris.
- Make sure the yard waste piles are 2 feet apart.
- Put leaves and grass clippings in untied bags no larger than 32 gallons. Bags will be collected and not left for reuse.
- Ensure no dirt, mulch, and roots are in the yard waste because the city does not pick up these items.
One more note: CharMeck solid waste is operating on a one-day delay this week.