Are you a resident of Charlotte? Do you need some trees for your yard? This TreeStore clears out our inventory of trees for the season. We expect to give away close to 800 trees.
- Each Charlotte household is eligible for up to two free trees. Limit 2 trees per address.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach their goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We therefore limit our efforts to expand the canopy within Charlotte’s city limits and limit participation to Charlotte residents only (unfortunately, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, other municipalities outside Charlotte, or Mecklenburg County).
- Proof of Charlotte residency (such as a driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) must be shown at the event in order to participate.
- A valid email address is required to register.
- You will complete and sign a Stewardship Pledge Form (mandatory) and declare your pledge to take care of the tree(s) we provide.
- At the TreeStore, you will be taught how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree education is mandatory for everyone.
- We cannot guarantee species type or quantities and will not know what will be available until the morning of the event.
- Trees are in 7-gallon containers, range from 6-10′ tall, and will not be reserved or transported.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. A suggested donation of $20 is greatly appreciated and would help us give more trees to Charlotte residents.
Tree registration will be open February 27 through March 5. Deadline to register is March 5.
Pre-registration does not guarantee you trees or tree varieties.
We expect to give out close to 800 trees on a first come, first served basis. Expect long lines as this will be a popular event.
Click Here to Register for Trees
We are in need of 40 Volunteers/TreeMasters to help move and distribute trees and mulch to participants.