Hurricanes and trees: How to be ready9.11.18
With Florence out of the way, now the cleanup begins. While the city of Charlotte will collect your yard waste, remember its guidelines:
- Cut all tree limbs to 5 feet and make sure they are no bigger than 4 inches in diameter.
- Place the yard waste close to the curb, 3 feet away from all objects.
- Separate the yard waste into piles no higher than 3 feet and by type: leaves, limbs, loose debris.
- Make sure the yard waste piles are 2 feet apart.
- Put leaves and grass clippings in untied bags no larger than 32 gallons. Bags will be collected and not left for reuse.
- Ensure no dirt, mulch, and roots are in the yard waste because the city does not pick up these items.
One more note: CharMeck solid waste is operating on a one-day delay this week.