Arborists Offer Expertise in Tree Care
A professional arborist should be consulted periodically to ensure optimum tree health. They can help prevent environmental damage to trees, and can help with an action plan for a tree at risk. If you need professional assistance with your tree, consult with an arborist who specializes in the care of individual trees. Arborists are knowledgeable about the needs of trees and are trained and equipped to provide proper care.
There are many qualified arborists in Charlotte. The companies listed below support TreesCharlotte and are staffed with arborists whose partnership and expertise are invaluable to TreesCharlotte. This list is by no means comprehensive and we suggest you choose an accredited arborist with experience and references.
When hiring any tree care company, we recommend you consider the following protocols to protect yourself:
- Insist on certificates of insurance for liability damage and Workers Comp. These should be provided by the service provider’s insurance company by email. Do NOT accept a handed piece of paper! If someone ends up hurt while working on your property, you do NOT want to be liable for their medical expenses.
- Do NOT pay any money in advance of completion.
- Check references.
You can learn a lot about tree care from these TreesCharlotte partners:
- The North Carolina Urban Forest Council (NCUFC) consists of individuals, citizen groups, nonprofit organizations, businesses and agencies from around the state that share an interest in community and urban forestry. NCUFC provides many different voices protecting trees where we live, work and play. NCUFC is a nonprofit organization, helping communities strengthen the efforts of local groups by serving as a resource, a forum for networking and discussion, and an advocate of the urban forest. The Council seeks to encourage and support these communities in their urban forest management efforts.
- International Society of Arboriculture is an excellent resource for locating an ISA-Certified Arborist. It is important that arborists have proper credentials, and all referrals on this site have verifiable certification.
- The Southern Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture is a non-profit organization comprised of members in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Their mission is to advance tree care knowledge and practices through research, education, and professional development.