TreesCharlotte is looking for an Intern for Summer 2016 in Charlotte, NC.
TC team meetings and planting events
- Tim Porter, Assistant City Arborist
- Erin Oliverio, Tree Canopy Manager
- CIP-plans and inspections
- Urban Forestry
- Tree Crew
TreeMaster Orientation (September 15, 2016)
Duties to include:
Evaluation of trees in neighborhoods already planted
- Communicate and coordinate with neighborhood Tree Stewards to collect info about trees given away
- Offer informal education and resources to tree recipients while in field
- Create strategy to gather info for trees given away in 2016-2017
- Work to GEOlocate trees planted on both public and private land
Help create community education power point presentations as directed by the Director of Operations with TreesCharlotte.
Identify potential planting sites, particularly in low tree areas
- Using maps of canopy coverage, input from N&BS and guidance from Tree Canopy Program Manager, identify neighborhoods, schools, communities of faith or other potential planting sites.
- Attend events as directed by Executive Director to help with set up and clean up
- Help with errands and preparation as needed for events
- Serve as TreeMaster as needed
Research Best Practices
- Collect Urban Forestry Management Plan info as directed by Tree Canopy Program Manager
- Review websites of other organizations for idea on stewardship, education, community engagement
Qualifications: Applicants must have reliable transportation, be comfortable working long hours outdoors in the heat, and be independently driven.
Interested parties, please send a cover letter and resume as well as three references to Chuck Cole, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.