Are you a resident of Charlotte? Do you need some trees for your yard? TreesCharlotte is bringing its Regional TreeStore to Ballantyne.
- Each Charlotte household is eligible for up to two free trees.
- TreesCharlotte’s mission is to help the City of Charlotte reach their goal of 50% tree canopy by 2050. We therefore limit our efforts to expand the canopy within Charlotte’s city limits and limit participation to Charlotte residents only (unfortunately, we do not serve Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, other municipalities outside Charlotte, or Mecklenburg County).
- Proof of Charlotte residency (such as a driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) must be shown at the event in order to participate.
- A valid email address is required to register.
- You will complete and sign a Stewardship Pledge Form (mandatory) and declare your pledge to take care of the tree(s) we provide.
- At the TreeStore, you will be trained on how to properly plant and care for your tree(s). Tree training is mandatory.
- We cannot guarantee species type or quantities and will not know what will be available until the morning of the event.
- Trees are in 7-gallon containers, range from 6-10′ tall, and will not be reserved or transported.
TreesCharlotte is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to be able to host events like this. A suggested donation of $10 per tree is greatly appreciated and would help us give more trees to Charlotte residents.
Get through the line quicker by pre-registering in advance! (Note: Pre-registering does not guarantee you trees or tree varieties; it simply allows you to bypass the paperwork line and get through the process faster)
Tree registration will open on October 15. Deadline to register is October 30
Click Here to Register for Trees
Volunteers (limited to 15) and TreeMasters are needed to help move and distribute trees and mulch to participants.
TreeMasters, please register here to ensure your hours get logged.
Sorry. You must be logged in to view this form.